Speed, offensive power, endurance, mental strength, technique… the paragon of balanced, no-waste tennis, he surpasses his barriers and turns to a new page of his ‘Bible.’
“I have a feeling I’ve finally found the tennis I’ve been aiming for.”
- U-17 World Cup Japanese representative, Shitenhouji Middle School, 3rd year
- Birthday: 4/14
- Astrology sign: Aries
- Blood type: B
- Hobbies: Chess, calisthenics, writing stories
- Family: Father, mother, older sister, younger sister, cat, and a Japanese rhinoceros beetle named Gabriel
- Favorite motto: “…Is it alright if I skip this?”
- Favorite color: Bright green
- Favorite foods: Cheese risotto and his homemade soba with herbs, but ultimately he likes to have well-balanced, nutritional meals
- Favorite books: Illustrated botany guides, how-to guidebook for writing stories
- Preferred type of person: A person who epitomizes Japanese femininity (a Yamato Nadeshiko-type )
- Preferred date spot: Botanical garden
- Mosted wanted thing right now: A bride for Gabriel
- Things he’s bad at/with: Glamorous, blonde beauties
- Skills beyond tennis: Identifying poisonous plants, becoming best friends with beetles
- His routine during tournaments: Mental training, reads self-help books
- Height: 178cm (5’10”)
- Weight: 64kg (141lbs)
- Handedness: Left-handed
- Signature move: Entaku Shot
- Play style: All rounder
- Racquet: Mizuno Wenew 900Ti
- Shoes: Diadora Speed Zone Pro
The future of textbook-perfect tennis is!? Seeking the continuation of the ‘Bible!’
Before stepping onto the world stage of tennis, Shiraishi returns to simple trial and error as means to evolve his Bible tennis. Keeping Tanegashima’s Flash tennis at the back of his mind, Shiraishi blossoms in the first match against France. At last, a large, brightly-colored flower blooms.
Guided to victory by Flash tennis! An innovator1 at his peak!!
Personal Belongings Check by Kojiki Koharu: Travel Bag Edition
A scarf he received from his younger sister before take-off
“I think she might have mistaken Australia’s December for winter. Yukari-chan is really thoughtful of her older brother♥”
Tooyama’s Edition! Tenipedia
“He’s really bad with older women! Shiraishi~, you were really hesitant back there, huh! Were you embarrassed or something? All right! Let’s rope Oni-occhan into it and have another competition at the beach!”
Messages to Shiraishi!
From Tanegashima: “‘Nosuke, it seems like you’ve found your own tennis, huh. Your match against France was purely ‘ecstasy~’”
From Kimijima: “A simple smile isn’t enough for the leading hottie amongst the middle school students. Aim for a brilliant, even brighter grin!”
From Kirihara: “Shiraishi-san! Here’s a coupon for the salon I visit, I got it just for you! It’s my thanks for that day♪”
From ‘Gabriel’: “As your best friend, I’m always cheering you on, ‘Nosuke. White stone, be ambitious!”2
1 While this phrase has been written using the way that Shiraishi’s ‘ecstasy’ catchphrase is written in kanji (絶頂) with the katakana furigana above it (エクスタシー), it just felt too awkward in English to incorporate the word. :X
2 There’s no way this isn’t Tanegashima trolling Shiraishi – with the ‘Nosuke nickname and the bad English ホワイトストーンビーアンビシャス line. But if is actually the beetle talking to him, well, whatever makes him happy.
Note: I translated and posted this on May 6th, 2018. The original posting may be found here.